Before giving too much attention over to the stalker, I recently came across an article. It wasn’t altogether that surprising outside of the fact that it took as long as it did to come to light. You can only watch so many ‘To Catch A Predator’ segments on Dateline before being forced to acknowledge there is some kind of problem.
I had a discussion with a friend a short time ago. The mother of three kids - a teenage boy, a teenage girl and a young boy - she was talking about the plans the teenage daughter had for the summer. The plans included a trip to Paris and a prolonged stay out in the Hamptons serving as a babysitter. While my friend was more concerned about the Paris trip, specifically the plane ride, I was a bit surprised she hadn’t given much thought to the time spent by the girl unsupervised out in the Hamptons.
The discussion wound it’s way around to things like MySpace. I have to admit to being a bit amazed at the kind of things you will find on MySpace. This was more a confirmation of what I suspected and it should serve as a bit of a warning for any parent.
MySpace.com has found more than 29,000 registered sex offenders with profiles on the popular social networking Web site — more than four times the number cited by the company two months ago...
No comments:
Post a Comment